2017 BARBERA

82% Barbera
Oak Farm Vineyards

ADD TO MY WINE
BUY WINERY DIRECT
WINE DETAILS
retail price: $25.00
club price: $20.00
available:Yes
cases:461
formats: 750mL
released:Aug 5, 2019
date profiled:Aug 5, 2019
region:Central Valley
AVA:Lodi,Mokelumne River
vineyards:Certified Green, Sustaina ... Certified Green, Sustainable, Lodi Rules
estate fruit:No
single vineyard: No
brix at harvest:25.8°
alcohol:15.0%
fined:No
filtered:Yes
oak type:6.5% American |12% Rus ... 6.5% American |12% Russia |6% French  
oak barrels:24.5% New  
oak aging: 18 Months  
 
varietal%AVAclone
barbera 53% Mokelumne River
barbera 29% Mokelumne River
petite sirah 18% Lodi
 
ships to: AZ CA CO FL IL IA MD MA MN NV NM NY NC OR TN TX WA
 
Winemaker Dan Panella Notes
Tasting Notes This Barbera is a garnet red color with inviting aromas of cherry, hibiscus tea, pomegranate, and mixed spices. Medium bodied and flavors of ripe plum. This wines silky mid palate brightens up on the finish with its lively acidity and soft tannins. Vineyard Notes Grapes were sourced from three different vineyards to make this wine. Two Barbera vineyards and one petite sirah vineyard. All three vineyards are certified green and are sustainably farmed by Round Valley Ranches. Cultural practices in the vineyards are consistent in that they are all shoot thinned, crop thinned, leaves pulled on the north side of the vine and are trained on a vertical shoot position trellis system. 65% of the Barbera in this bottle comes from ou ...more... r estate vineyard located to the northwest of our tasting room and production facility in the Mokelumne river sub AVA of Lodi. The remaining 35% of Barbera comes from another Mokelumne River sub AVA vineyard owned and operated by Jonathan Wetmore. John also owns the Petite Sirah vineyard (Forest Lake vineyard) located in the Jahant Sub AVA of Lodi. Winemaker Notes Grapes were hand-picked in the morning and gently sorted and transferred to a temperature controlled stainless steel tank for cold soak. Fermentation was managed with regular pump overs approximately 3 times per day. Aged in French, American, and Caucus (24% new) oak barrels for approximately 20 months. A percentage of Petite Sirah was blended in for color and structure.
PH | 209.365.6565


WineMatch Social Media Pages WineMatch at Facebook WineMatch at Twitter RSS Feed for WineMatch WineMatch at Wordpress
© 2006-2019 WineMatch.com - All Rights Reserved
Copyright & Intellectual Property Policy